Home Entertainment Nicola Roberts scared of stalker ex-boyfriend

Nicola Roberts scared of stalker ex-boyfriend

133
0
SHARE

Related image

Nicola Roberts is “too scared” to leave the house because of her former boyfriend Carl Davies.

The 32-year-old Girls Aloud star has a lifetime restraining order against the former soldier, but has said she is terrified of going outside to take her dogs for a walk after the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) dropped his ongoing court case.

Speaking to The Sunday Times newspaper, she said: “You are too scared to take the dogs out for a walk because when someone plants vicious seeds you just imagine every possible outcome.

“This is a relationship which ended 10 years ago. I should be able to move on from an unhealthy relationship if I want to and that has not been able to happen for me.”

Carl was handed his restraining order last year, and is also banned from looking at Nicola’s social media posts, but she claims he has breached that rule as he now follows her again on Instagram.

The singer added that the CPS apologised to her for not pursuing a trial after they offered no evidence at a court hearing in March, and said they “had ‘concluded that the decision to offer no evidence in this case was wrong” and were “satisfied there was a realistic prospect of convicting Carl Davies for breaching the restraining order”.

Carl was previously convicted of sending 3,000 messages from 35 fake social media accounts, and was taken back to courts in March for breaching the order in July and August last year.

A judge told him at the time: “You are prohibited from accessing any social media website or blog owned by Miss Roberts or Girls Aloud or any other band in the future she may become involved with.

“You may recall when I made the order that any breach to the order could see you being sent to prison to up to five years.

“You have seen what happened after you undertook the activities that you undertook, which has led to the hearing today.

“You need to be careful in the way you use the internet to access other sites.”

In a victim impact statement, the ‘Lucky Day’ singer said the messages he had sent her had brought back “terrible” memories of their 18 month relationship.

She said: “The messages he sent reminded me of all the terrible things that happened when we were together. It was only really last year when he started threatening my friend that I realised things couldn’t go on and I reported it to the police.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here